Home Renovation Rebate
You may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 in home renovation rebates from the Government of Ontario!
Are you a Union Gas or Enbridge customer who heats your home with a natural gas furnace or boiler? Do you own a detached, semi-detached, town house, or mobile home?
To claim your rebate:
- Call a participating certified energy advisor before starting your renovations.
- Complete your pre-renovation energy assessment.
- Review your assessment and renovation options with your energy advisor.
- Complete at least two of the eligible renovations with a reputable contractor.
- Call your advisor to complete your post-renovation assessment.
Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas or Enbridge.
Gibson Mechanical can perform the following renovations which qualify for rebates:
- Replace your existing furnace with a 96% AFUE or higher model: $500 rebate
- Replace your existing boiler with a 90% AFUE or higher model: $1,000 rebate
- Replace your existing natural gas water heater with a 0.80 EF or higher tank type (or 0.90 EF or higher tankless) ENERGY STAR® qualified gas water heater: $200 rebate