Home Renovation Rebate

Gable-front house in winter

You may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 in home renovation rebates from the Government of Ontario!

Are you a Union Gas or Enbridge customer who heats your home with a natural gas furnace or boiler? Do you own a detached, semi-detached, town house, or mobile home?

To claim your rebate:

  1. Call a participating certified energy advisor before starting your renovations.
  2. Complete your pre-renovation energy assessment.
  3. Review your assessment and renovation options with your energy advisor.
  4. Complete at least two of the eligible renovations with a reputable contractor.
  5. Call your advisor to complete your post-renovation assessment.

Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas or Enbridge.

Gibson Mechanical can perform the following renovations which qualify for rebates:

  • Replace your existing furnace with a 96% AFUE or higher model: $500 rebate
  • Replace your existing boiler with a 90% AFUE or higher model: $1,000 rebate
  • Replace your existing natural gas water heater with a 0.80 EF or higher tank type (or 0.90 EF or higher tankless) ENERGY STAR® qualified gas water heater: $200 rebate

Visit Union Gas or Enbridge for more information including a full list of qualifying renovations, and to locate a certified energy advisor.


Happy with our service? Please leave a review on Google or HomeStars.